The UK and Ireland Semiconductor Photochemistry Network
The UK and Ireland Semiconductor Photochemistry Network (UK&I-SPC) embraces all aspects of semiconductor photochemistry (SPC); most notably: photocatalysis, fine chemical, photo-assisted synthesis and energy production.
Its aim is to encourage and support exploitation of the significant science base in the subject within the UK by bringing together the multi-disciplinary, internationally-rated, community of academics and industries working in the area.
The Network will:
- provide a forum for the free flow exchange and pooling of ideas, knowledge and techniques (through biannual meetings, visits, invited lectures and website networking)
- encourage interdisciplinary collaboration and the creation of advanced and innovative science, leading to improved quality and effectiveness of research bids in the subject (through highly focused task groups)
- promote commercial exploitation of the developed technologies (through technical workshops and industrial visits)
- improve and broaden the training of research workers/postgraduate students (through lab visits/stays, meetings and a dedicated postgraduate conference)
- highlight and promote the international science and technology position of UK and Ireland research in semiconductor photochemistry (through a dedicated Network website, publications, conferences and a UK and Ireland-based, dedicated international conference)
- facilitate collaboration and funding at a European level (through EU networks, such as COST, and FP7 funded research programmes).